Khadir Mohideen College was founded in 1955 by Kalvithanthai Late Haji.S.M.S. Shaik Jalaludeen as an affiliated college to the University of Madras and then affiliated to Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli, which it was formed in 1982. The College was re-accredited (Second cycle) with ‘B’ grade by NAAC in 2011. The college is governed by M.K.N.Mathurasa Trust. It is established in an extended land area of 17 acres as a religious minority institution. Our college was upgraded as a Post Graduate Institution in 1985.
The emblem of the college consists of a shield divided into four parts. The crescent and the star on the top left remind us of the Eternal law of submission to the will of the Almighty God governing the Universe. On the right, there is an open book and the lighted candle symbolizing mental and moral enlightenment. The sea, on the bottom left stands for the vast treasure house of opportunities ever open to the seekers. The coconut palms on the bottom right constitute the economic basis of the region. Underneath the shield is a ribbon containing a verse from the Holy Quran in Arabic script followed by its translation in English that reads: ‘Our Lord perfect our light for us’, which is the motto of our college. The college colours are Yellow, Green and White symbolizing auspiciousness, prosperity and purity respectively.